PRAISE THE LARD!

Open Mail Art Call

BACON! 

All art must feature bacon.  Anything goes.  Video, sound work, 2-D, 3-D, poetry; surprise me, shock me, make me sizzle, raise my cholesterol.  All art shown on this blog.  Exhibition(s) to follow.  A short film about bacon will include much of the received art.  Deadline is 04/01/2010.

Send art to:   

BACON! 
Scott Ray Randall 
21294 Leslie Drive 
Grass Valley, CA 95945 

or 

scottrayrandall@gmail.com

Friday, July 3, 2009

Casting Bacon in Resin

Well, I've successfully casted some bacon in resin. The reaction between the resin and catalyst that hardens the resin creates heat and cooks the bacon a bit, which was an unanticipated effect. I'm hoping that anerobic decay will take place now that the bacon is trapped in an airless environment, causing this to be an ever-evolving work of art. However, after a week - looks the same. I also have a larger full-strip of bacon that I've cast in resin, but it didn't turn out as well and needs to be polished up before it looks good enough to post a pic. I'm considering turning the full strip into a lamp. Coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment