PRAISE THE LARD!

Open Mail Art Call

BACON! 

All art must feature bacon.  Anything goes.  Video, sound work, 2-D, 3-D, poetry; surprise me, shock me, make me sizzle, raise my cholesterol.  All art shown on this blog.  Exhibition(s) to follow.  A short film about bacon will include much of the received art.  Deadline is 04/01/2010.

Send art to:   

BACON! 
Scott Ray Randall 
21294 Leslie Drive 
Grass Valley, CA 95945 

or 

scottrayrandall@gmail.com

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Frits Jonker - Netherlands


Frits Jonker was nice enough to do some sketches for me of a bacon alphabet, including the one pictured above. I took a sketch that he did of the word bacon, photoshopped it, and adapted it into a linocut pattern. Thus my bacon linocut (below) was born. I think it turned out pretty nice.



In addition to having a really cool name, Frits publishes a daily fanzine called Showcase, be sure to check it out. He is also the most talented letterer that I've ever seen. The alphabets on his website are really amazing. Thanks Frits, you rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment